Sunday, May 13, 2012

final post





The two Gnomon videos that I tried to watch but couldnt because my computer would not let me watch them. Were speed painting to matte painting with Rainart and Speedpainting to concept art by David Levy. Above are some things that I made by pulling the brushes from the dvds. In addition to my Final which is a snippet from characterizing the show Party down.

My two talks were Andrew Ellis Johnson and Hooper Turner. Both of them were particularly interesting. Andrew was very political. What I got from his work was a very comical approach. He also
pointed me to a group called improve everywhere.

Hooper Turner told me that I was a performance artist when I spoke with him one on one. He pointed me to artists that I should look up. Tom Sachs, Thomas Demand, Francis Bacon, Irving Norman, Sigmar Polke, Gerhard Richter, Thomas Hirshhorn, Eves Kline, Olive Harring, Katy Smither, etc.. Very nice dude. Gave me his day in New York and how he manages painting and working. Very inspiring. 

That's about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment